Landfill Plant Operative
We have an opportunity for a Plant Operative to join our team at Walleys Landfill in Staffordshire. The right person will have experience of operating mobile plant equipment (such as a compactor, 360 excavator etc.).
Red Industries is a growing waste management and environmental services provider. We know that our employees are the key to our success – we’re committed to providing our team members with the tools, authority, and support they need to succeed and develop their careers. Apply now and join our team!
You will be based at our non-hazardous landfill site in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire. Your role will include:
- Complete all pre user mobile plant inspections in accordance with Company procedures including, the completion of daily plant check sheet and report all faults to management.
- Carry out visual inspections to check waste streams are in accordance with site acceptance criteria and report any non-conformance’s.
- Manage and assist site traffic accordingly and direct third-party drivers
- Utilise site machinery in accordance with license, training, and in a safe manner.
- Compact waste streams effectively
- Follow sites rules and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Follow instructions of site team leaders.
- Communicate with colleagues to ensure the smooth operations of the landfill site.
- Maintain a clean and tidy operations site and equipment
- Report all near miss, accidents, or incidents in accordance with Company Procedures
- Promote effective relationships with client of the Company and treat with respect (Third Party Drivers)
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required
- Heavy Mobile Plant Experience and Licences
- Good track record in Health and Safety round heavy vehicles
- Good Team Player
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Highly Motivated
Please send your CV and covering letter email@example.com
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our operatives as safe as possible we have a COVID-19 risk assessment, which identifies the safety measures we have in place. All new entrants will receive a COVID-19 briefing and are expected to adhere to the risk assessment