Plant Operative, Sneyd Hill
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work in a brand-new processing plant as a plant operative. Main duties will consist of operating plant equipment for which full training will be provided. Other duties will include the unloading of incoming consignments of waste, segregation and storage of palletised waste once inspected, processing of waste as required and general site duties.
You will be required to work a range of shifts, including early and late shifts.
- Complete all pre-use plant and FLT inspections, reporting any faults to Management.
- Complete PUWER safety checks on any equipment or tools used, recording on the appropriate form where one exists.
- Safely operate a counterbalance FLT in line with the company’s P.A.S.S policy.
- Weighing of incoming loads on the site weighbridge prior to unloading the vehicle.
- Unloading of incoming loads into inspection bays for Chemist to inspect the load and assisting the chemist in checking.
- Separation and segregation of inspected waste to ensure all waste placed into storage bays is safe without the chance of collapse occurring and waste is compatible to be stored in storage bay.
- Completion of batch sheets/lists to ensure traceability of all waste processed.
- Preparation of outgoing loads (picking pallets from storage)
- Loading of outgoing vehicles
- Housekeeping activities including sweeping and litter picking
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- You maybe required to assist other teams and complete other jobs as required by the business
- FLT counterbalance license
- Experience of working in the Hazardous Waste Sector (ideal but not compulsory)
- Warehousing experience (ideal but not compulsory)
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual / hands on approach
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to understand written safety instructions including chemical labelling and prepare batch sheets
This is a great opportunity to join our team as we continue to grow.
Email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.