Salary: £11.50 per hour, overtime rates are single time Monday-Friday, time and 1/2 Saturday and double time Sunday. Extra 25% shift pay if working nights.
Location: Sneyd Hill – ST6 2DZ or Brownhills – WS8 7EU
Hours of work: Brownhills – 3 shift rotation (6am-3pm, 1pm-10pm, 10pm-6am), Sneyd Hill – 2 shift rotation (5am-2pm, 1pm-10pm) or permanent night shift (9:30pm-5:30am)
We have vacancies at both our Sneyd Hill and Brownhills facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the unloading of incoming consignments of waste using a counterbalance FLT, segregation and storage of palletised waste once inspected, processing of waste as required and general housekeeping.
- Complete all pre-use FLT inspections, reporting any faults to Management.
- Complete PUWER safety checks on any equipment or tools used, recording on the appropriate form where one exists.
- Safely operate a counterbalance FLT in line with the company’s P.A.S.S policy.
- Weighing of incoming loads on the site weighbridge prior to unloading the vehicle.
- Unloading of incoming loads into inspection bays for Chemist to inspect the load and assisting the chemist in checking.
- Weighing of individual items on pallet scales if they are priced by weight.
- Separation and segregation of inspected waste to ensure all waste placed into storage bays is safe without the chance of collapse occurring and waste is compatible to be stored in storage bay.
- Bulking of waste as directed by a technically competent person.
- Completion of batch sheets/lists to ensure traceability of all waste processed.
- Preparation of outgoing loads (picking pallets from storage)
- Loading of outgoing vehicles
- Housekeeping activities including sweeping, litter picking and drum crushing.
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- You maybe required to assist other teams and complete other jobs as required by the business
Key requirements for the role:
- FLT counterbalance license
- Experience of working in the Hazardous Waste Sector (ideal but not compulsory)
- Warehousing experience (ideal but not compulsory)
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to understand written safety instructions including chemical labelling and to prepare batch sheets
Please send your CV to David Downing for Sneyd Hill email@example.com, Ian Snipe for Brownhills firstname.lastname@example.org and HR email@example.com
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.