Site Operative (Stock Control)
A new opportunity has arisen for an operative to join our stock control team at our Sneyd facilty in Stoke on Trent.
This role reports to the Stock Control manager and the night shift manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for control of stock on site primarily related to transfer material, processing of waste as required, and general housekeeping.
You will be required to work a range of shifts, including some night shifts.
- Complete all pre-use Fork Lift truck inspections, reporting any faults to Management.
- Complete PUWER safety checks on any equipment or tools used, recording on the appropriate form where one exists.
- Safely operate a counterbalance Fork Lift Truck
- Checking waste is suitable for the intended disposal route and any stipulated provisions
- Sorting, segregation and repacking of waste as required
- Bulking of waste as directed by a technically competent person.
- Completion of batch sheets/lists to ensure traceability of all waste processed and transferred
- Use of SAP for batch waste to ensure that the stock listing is correct
- Accurate listing of waste to obtain quotes
- Preparation of outgoing loads (picking pallets from storage)
- Generation and printing of paperwork for drivers from SAP
- Loading of outgoing vehicles
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- Housekeeping activities including sweeping, litter picking and drum crushing.
- To assist other teams and perform other duties as reasonably required by the business
Key requirements for the role:
- Fork Lift Truck counterbalance license
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to understand written safety instructions including chemical labelling and prepare batch sheets
- Experience of working in the Hazardous Waste Sector and Warehousing experience are desirable but not compulsory.
To apply, please send your CV stating position title to email@example.com
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.